Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Whirlwind in my Head

I feel the need to blog today but I have no clue where to even begin. And I definitely don't know where it will end. So welcome to my chaotic thoughts for this brief moment in time.

My thoughts are swirling around as if I had a huge whirlwind in my head. There is a list of "to dos" that grows it seems hourly. I check an item off only to find two more things added. I'm sure many of my friends and family, as well as,you the reader, would think that a single woman wouldn't have much to worry about. I mean I have no children nor a husband to care for and worry over. BUT you all would be wrong. Singleness is not a free pass to a life full of sunshine and relaxation with no worries.


Despite this jumble mess going on in my head and a list of things to do, my thoughts keep coming back to the fact that it is Holy Week. A week full of highs and lows that culminates in Celebration. This past Sunday Christians around the world sang Hosanna while remembering Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem and by Friday we will be mourning the crucifixion of Jesus the Messiah.  Those of us who have actively participated in Lent have walked a path of preparation, seeking and serving God as we find ourselves paralleling Jesus' own time in the Wilderness.

These last 35 days have not been easy but I have drawn closer to God. I have witnessed Him at work in and through me like never before. There are a few more to encounter on this journey to the water basin, table,  garden, court, cross, and tomb. I know Sunday is coming but to be able to Celebrate I have to go through Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I pray you all take time this week to stop all the busyness of life to reflect on the Journey that Jesus took that week so long ago. He did it in order "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." Romans 10:9-10 NASB

photo credit: White swirl blue dots via photopin (license)


No comments:

Post a Comment