Monday, March 28, 2016

Jesus Lives!!!

During lent this year, God has been drawing me closure to himself through the life, sacrifice, death and resurrection of Jesus. On Maundy Thursday, while reading a devotional I enjoy from time to time, I was impressed by the fact that it is the presence of Jesus within me that gives me life. That my very existence is reliant on Him. That every move I make is in direct relation to who He is in me.  Just like that I was stopped in my tracks and have continued to reflect on what this truly means to my daily life.

This isn't new information, I have heard this truth for most of my life. But amidst Holy Week, I found myself wondering if I truly live daily with the awareness that Jesus Lives in Me. For Jesus to live in me, also means that my life should reflect His at every moment of my day. I have a lapel pin that I received some years ago from my then senior pastor. Recently, I placed the pin on my work lanyard to remind me of Jesus as the Servant, washing the feet of the disciples. One of my biggest challenges has been to be Christ like in my workplace. To be a servant first. It all comes full circle now. It isn't just at work or church but EVERYWHERE and at ALL TIMES.  Jesus humbled himself in his life and ministry to love people in practical ways in order that they may know God and be reconciled to Him. We are no less called to do the same.

I have come to the awareness that I must be Christ like at all times and in all things. I need to be held accountable to this and not waiver under the temptation of my human flesh. I am to be a humbled servant, willingly crucified to self, a living image of Christ to our world. Jesus Lives!!! He Lives in Me!

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." ~ Galatians 2:20 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment